Every Sunday, ISSO has workshop time for who are curious about indigo dye and traditional technique “Aku-Hakko-Date,” using natural blue dye Awa Ai.
At this workshop, you can dye your favorite item with the same vat, which ISSO dyer usually uses for making artworks.
If you participate to “Ai no Keshiki,” organized by Tokushima Prefecture, conditions and fees are as announced by them. Not as below, so please choose the day you expect to dye.
【 A 】 Lecture Fee For one person – 3500 JPY without 8% tax
【 B 】Fee for Dye Liquid (Fabric Weight is Referred for Price)
Cotton, Linen, Hemp, Ramie – 32 JPY/gram without tax
Silk, Wool – 120 JPY/gram + 1500 JPY/ item without tax
Wood – 100 JPY/gram without tax
【 C 】Items for Dye
You need to pay A＋B above and below (Price Without Tax).
We Prepare: Cotton/ Linen Handkerchief (about 15g) 800 JPY, Hemp Table Runner (about 70g) 3000 JPY, Silk Scarf (about 18g) 4000 JPY
You can bring items for dye: Free of Charge (Size/ Fabric: smaller than 2m×1m）
However, as a case that ISSO dyer should finish the after work because of the time,
we may refuse the finish if you bring antiques or delicate fabrics.
1. Please reserve 3 days before the expected workshop day.
2. Workshop reception is Awa Ai Showroom “Awa Ai Ao” by White Base Tokushima. (Parking for 1 Car)
3. You may usually start from 13:30. Please let us know if there are any difficulties for your schedule.
4. If you have any changes or cancel, you should inform us the day before workshop day via E-MAIL
1. If you dye our prepared items, we will let you know the total price after the reservation.
2. If you bring your item, we will calculate the weight and tell you the price at our atelier.
3. We will ask you to pay after the workshop. Cash and Credit Card (VISA, Master Card or American Express) are available.
1. Our atelier is not large, so only 5 people per a day are acceptable.
2. Please wear clothes that could be stained. (We prepare aprons and rubber gloves.)
3. We will prepare tea and confectionery to one companion who does not participate.
* Please make sure one or more participants should apply
1. We will prepare Tokushima’s recommended drink and confectionery for after workshop.
2. If you have used tickets or receipts of transportation to Tokushima from another Prefecture/ Country or Hotels in Tokushima, we will make 5% discount. (Expired Day: 1 month after use)
Please confirm all the above, then, choose the expected day from the calendar below
If you click ◯ circle mark, our reservation form appears.